Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the Front Porch

The JW's just stopped by...again...so I decided to challenge them a little bit this time. I was a little rusty...it's been a while, but God was gracious not to send me JW scholars this time.

It is so sad to see them deny the divinity of Jesus to my face. The lady said as they were pulling away in their car, "Jesus is not God!" That's a death sentence!

I encouraged them to challenge what they have been tought. I was accused of not having read my bible. I was told everyone would have died if Jesus was God when they looked at him because "no man can look on God and live." I was told that when Jesus said "I and the father are one" or "I Am" that he was just talking about a unified purpose.

But all that doesn't matter...because I was told repeatedly, Jesus is not God. How sad. But, they've heard the truth, and it can (and I pray will) set them free from the lies they have been taught.

Pray that Christians can be as diligent in communicating their beliefs as JW's are. Another sad thing is that, even though the group at my door today really could not defend their faith on any deep level, I know that most Christians students (including YOU) and adults could not do any better.

No comments: