Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Joey Update Vol. 6

Hey Guys...remember that our Flood Zone snack purchases go to help support Joey in this ministry. Please continue to give as you can. You can see how great his needs are!

Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope each of your Turkey Days were spent with family and that the times were good. I also celebrated Thanksgiving (we even had turkey and pumpkin pie!) and I thank God for you; each of you God has used in some way to bless me greatly.

I went into the capital for Thanksgiving where among other things, I had to plan for the next few months for village time and travel to training outside the country. With the Onestory project, I need to attend training sessions that are outside the country because Onestory does what is called “Just in Time” training. It basically breaks the two to three year project span into smaller chunks and at the trainings, I will be taught what I’ll need to focus on for the next three to six months. My current chunk is spent learning language and culture and meeting native speakers to practice what I’m learning. Over the course of the project there are about five training sessions I’ll attend, all of which will be held outside my country.

I have my first training session in Amsterdam at the beginning of February. My next session is in April. This February training concerns CPM training and how to plant groups of Followers among my people group. My people do not have a written language yet and so it is necessary to be with them and put the stories in their language so they can meet together and grow in the Way. When this style of training has been used in other areas, the results were tremendous, seeing thousands of groups started in one people group in the course of just two or three years. If you would like more information, you can visit : http://www.churchplantingmovements.com/index.htm.

In order to attend these trainings, I need to be able to finance the travel and cost of staying for two to three weeks at a time. The amount I need in order to do this will be $1200 for the February training and another $1200 for the April. I want to ask you all pray about giving an extra amount this Christmas season to ensure that I have the money necessary to go to these trainings next year. These will each be a one time expense, so $2400 means that if 24 people give $100 one time, I will be able to go. Or 48 people giving $50 or 5 giving $500 each. Another factor is that since I will need the money before February to buy my ticket, I would like to have it by January 15th. It would also be necessary for me to buy my April ticket when I am in the capital because when I return from Amsterdam, I will stay out in the village from then until April ideally.

Please continue to lift me up. Also, please write to me at this address or call me (011 235 944 6349) because it is very encouraging to hear from you. I would love to tell you personally how the prayers you are praying for me are being answered by our Mighty One.

This letter is written in faith that He hears our prayers and in faith that you too have all heard my upcoming need. Thank you all for your support of this project by your prayers and faithful giving and your support of me by your encouragement along the way! I pray you all may be encouraged because He is on the move. And I follow close at His heels.

In His name and for His sake,

-Youssef

No comments: