Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Contemplate & Consider Vol. 6


From How People Change by Timothy S. Lane & Paul David Tripp

On how the church helps us live with integrity:

"The cross not only frees me from my slavery to sin, it opens me up to the resources of God's grace. One of those resources is the body of Christ. If I am encouraged that the ultimate Helper lives within me, I will take advantage of all the resources he gives me in the body of Christ. I will not live independently. I will take advantage of biblical teaching available to me. I will seek the fellowship of a small group. I will ask to be shepherded by my elders. I will pursue the wisdom of mature brothers and sisters. I will try to benefit from the accountability a close friend can provide. And I will take advantage of all of these resources by being honest about my struggles of heart and behavior."

How People Change. Timothy S. Land & Paul David Tripp. 2006 and 2008 New Growth Press. Page 190.

No comments: