Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joey Update vol. 1

Hey everyone...here is where you can keep up with Joey Howell's ministry overseas. As I receive e-mails and updates from him I will post them here.

Hello everyone. This will be the last update I'll (hopefully) write from the States for a little while. I'll be away for 2 years working with an unreached people group of half a million or more. I'm going to learn the language, study the culture and get to know the people. During this, I'll be telling stories along the way. The story of God can and will reach the right people, those people who are ready to hear it.

I want to thank you all for your prayers. I have a long list of praises because my visas are here, I am ready to travel and things are even now getting prepared before I get there. God is good, all the time.

Please do continue to pray and we shall all together see God do His will in His country. Pray that His Kingdom grow and those citizens of it grow too.
Also, if you or anyone else you know, would like to give to my ministry while I am gone you can go to: https://give.ccci.org/give/0598569 You can give online at my webpage either one time or join my ministry as a monthly supporter. I want to partner with church and family and individual to see our Lord glorified among the nations. It is my goal not only to share the message in a distant land, but to encourage you all (and those around you) in the work of God. God is very much about His mission to reach the nations and He has called us all to some extent to join Him in the field.

You can send me certain things while I'm there. I do ask you not send any technological things as these are very expensive to pick up. Most things also require a fee to pick anything up at the post office, so please keep this in mind. Things like packaged cookies, jerky and other sealable things, and books and cards are all right to send. Things may take a long while to reach me so I may not respond immediately, but I do greatly enjoy receiving things from home.

I leave for my first leg of the journey in a few hours. Please pray for traveling mercies from here to Paris and on to Chad. I get in to my country on Friday 3pm EST (9pm Chad time). Please pray specifically for my first leg of the journey to FL. There is a tropical storm moving in and I'd like not to be delayed for anything.

Thank you for giving of your prayers and support these last months and for encouraging me in the work along the way. I will keep you all in prayer as often as I think of you and look forward to hearing how God is working in your lives.
Grace and peace to you all!

-Youssef

No comments: