Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Note from Whalen

Dear Ryan and Christie and the youth group too,

(please read this to the youth group, to let them know the goings on. Oh and dont skip the parentheses either. I.E. that right there should have been read out loud.)

This is my update to all whom it may affect. For those who do not know...I am at college. It rocks and I miss none of you. (dramatic pause) NOT!!! You know I am of course kidding. I love and miss each of you, but the list is very long and I know Ryan has plans to get into the Word! Therefore, i will get to the point.

I am at Southeastern University in Florida and it is a great school. The presence of God at work is Fantastic, Awe-inspiring, and many other big, power references! The friends I have made so far here are amazing and love Jesus like they love oxygen! I have three room mates and we are a very well mixed group of boys. We have the quiet musician, the techy film guy, the tall Jock, and the out-spoken personable teddy bear (bet ya can't guess which one's me). Any way, I have officially declared my major and minor: Bachelor of Science in Communication Broadcasting and a minor in (watch Ryan's face when he reads this, it'll be great!) Youth Ministry. HeHe! I plan to revamp the RADIO on campus and get Southeastern a real FM station or better; a XM station. I believe God has put on my heart that SEU could be the new TORCH, alternative christian music and Christ centered conversations.

My classes are awesome. My Math class, Ryan, is a breeze. My Psychology class, Christie, is as hard as chewing diamonds! Yeah, get that thought in your head! I am encouraged every day by the life of my Profs/Docs and how they conduct class. Prayer, Christian foundation: it's great! A word to my brothers and sisters about to leave Highschool, check out a Christian college. If you do, don't just pick it on the whim of "Oh, good a Jesus school." Test the spirits! (1 John 4:1) Make sure, in every area of life as a Christian, "Make sure that whatcha get is anchored in whatcha got; Jesus the Christ."(OO! Ryan, I will allow you to quote me on that one.)

And finally, you youth-groupers you, listen to this man teaching; because what he says will help you more often than you will know. Girls, GO TO CHRISTIE! She has a little more experience with some things than you do. (and no, Christie, that was not an AGE joke.) These two people have been pretty much dropped in you laps and if you don't listen to them when they ream you for something, if you don't seek them out when you have an issue you think no one can handle or forgive you for; you guys are screwing up big time. (Ryan, don't change my words here; its the only way they'll realize this as me talking and not you) Ryan and Christie love you & I love you too. So don't screw up! Or the Jesus stick will come down on you with love and bruises!
On a lighter note, I love you all and miss you like a fat kid misses cake when he's on a diet! God bless and Good bye

~Whalen

No comments: