Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Contemplate & Consider Vol. 10


Here's an interesting quote, recorded in a Fox News article, by Shia LeBeouf, the star of the Transformers movies:

**LeBeouf, 23, admitted that he is indeed battling a few demons, adding that all actors are.

“They’re all in pain. It’s a profession of bottom-feeders and heartbroken people,” he said. “Most actors on most days don’t think they’re worthy,” he added. “I have no idea where this insecurity comes from, but it’s a God-sized hole. If I knew it, I’d fill it and I’d be on my way.”

The “Transformers” star, who was arrested on a DUI in July of 2008, also admitted to being an alcoholic.

“Why am I an alcoholic? I haven’t a [expletive] clue.”**


It's amazing how close people can be to Truth and yet still be so unwilling to apply it to their lives. Here Shia acknowledges the problem and his inability to solve it. He even recognizes the solution, yet does not surrender to the Truth that hope, security and peace only comes in God through Christ.


Let's pray from Shia as he struggles to apply this truth to his life.

No comments: