Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Joey Update Vol. 15

Sesegeh lunjemge! We've been having some fruitful times here. More work on
the firstfruits that is. Let me tell you.

I started walking in search of someone to help me take the next step with
the story in getting it closer to Eng. I thought of a few people who I've
known for a while but they were out and away somewhere. Undaunted, I turned
to my next plan, to find a house I'd forgotten the exact location for. This
usually does not bode well when trying to find something and alas, I did
not. There remained only my last place I thought of going. It was on the way
so I continued my walk.

On the way, I started p'aying, mainly so I could understand this particular
fellow well. He has a way of speaking which usually gets me lost in his
rapid fire style. While p'aying, I also asked that I would be successful in
getting this story translated one step closer to Eng. and that he would
understand it and we'd have a good discussion in N. over it. This and get it
all recorded. It was a big request I know, but I so clearly heard His voice
and His voice said, "You have my blessing."

The man I was seeking was alone and he had plenty of time on his hands, just
what I was looking for. So far so good. We greeted each other and I brought
the conversation around to hearing this story and explained what my plan was
for him to listen and when he knew it, to translate it into Ar. He was
agreeable even to being recorded. I played it a few times, he saying while
he heard it, "G'd is great! (that's something I've found people do here when
they like something). Afterward, I played it back piece by piece and he
translated. We talked over it and had a really good recorded session of him
discussing the questions I was asking him about what he thought of it. G'd
is great indeed!

Just today, we got started on another piece of another story.

This particular story is in the works, as are a few others. We're doing
revisions this week on some of them. It behooves us to have a few stories in
the works at once, so we don't get bogged down on one but keep moving along.
We had a talk just today about how to better meet the goals we've set (or
had set for us) and things are looking up. P'ay we continue to trust Him for
all things.

Hamdu's
-We got a p'ayer calendar in the works and it is ready but it must be shrunk
down to send from here. Them's the brakes.
-Things are continuing along at a fair rate- ie: we're not behind yet- may
it never be!
-Progress on the stories started

Dua's
-Boldness in asking Him for helpers and them to help us
-Take more opportunities that come our way (like the piece we got done
today)
-Focus on the task and a guard against sloppiness in our joy to have
something recorded.

Thanks as always to you all for p'aying for us and for keeping my informed
of how you're doing. I love to hear back from you guys, so please write or
call. Get plenty of minutes on your cell phone, remember I'm 5 hours ahead
of the east coast, and dial: 011 235 944 6349. When in doubt keep dialling,
it'll let you into the system eventually. Thanks everyone!
-Youssef

No comments: