Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ryan's Top 10 Christian CD's EVER!!!

This is tough...because I know that I could get this completely wrong, but I think this is some music you absolutely HAVE to check out...especially if you think all Christian music stinks...

  • 10.Bebo Norman-TenThousand Days(Absolutely incredible...should probably get a higher spot than 10, and may on some other day...I have his song book and am trying to learn some of his stuff...check back with me in a couple of years to see if I've mastered antthying yet. Christie and I had our first dance at our wedding to "God of Second Chances", so it holds a special place in our hearts!)
  • 9.Dave Hunt-The Same Alley (I met Dave when I was in college and absolutely love his stuff. We sing some of it on Sunday's in corporate worship (It's by grace, bring Your Rain, Sustainer, etc.) Charlie kind of has a Dave Huntish sound.)
  • 8.Caedmon's Call-Guild I (I hear there are only about 1000 of these cd's out there and I'm fortunate enough to have 2...although I was a little dissapointed after years of trying to figure out the theological significance of "Open Letter" and then reading the explanation on Caedmonscall.net...o well...it's still an incredibly encouraging album...as most Caedmons CD's are!)
  • 7.Andrew Peterson-Carried Along (This isn't always my favorite style of music, but I saw He and Bebo YEARS ago with Caedmons in Charlottesville, VA and really enjoy his story telling style...plus my good friend Ryan McGann...momentum Conference speaker...walked up to him and handed him his cell phone and made Andrew talk to his Daniel...Momentum Conference worship leader...and Andrew took the phone and talked to this guy he had never met before...how often are you going to find guys as cool as that?!)
  • 6.Jars of Clay-Jars of Clay (I think one of you guys borrowed this from me and haven't given it back...i love it and would love to listen to it again if you can find it in your heart to give it back to me...please!) Since I haven't been able to listen to it in a while, their new Who We Are Instead is quickly taking over this spot!
  • 5.Third Day-Conspiracy #5 (This almost has to go to the Bus CD...but I think Conspiracy made more of a lasting impact on me...)
  • 4.Plankeye-Commonwealth (I could listen to this for hours, if not days...or weeks...or months even!!!)
  • 3.Derek Webb-She Must and Shall Go Free (Talk About HARSH...Don't listen to this if you are sensitive and cry when someone beats you with the Truth stick! Well, maybe you should listen to it anyway!)
  • 2.Mortal-Fathom (This is the CD...well, tape...that made me...as Andrew says..."hardcore")

And Ryan's #1 Must Have Christian CD...

  • 1.Five Iron Frenzy-Live: Proof that the Youth are Revolting (The only FIF concert I ever got to go to...absolutely amazing...hours of moshing and praising Jesus with the same people...and my name is in the liner notes!)

Now, It's Your turn..what are your favorite CD's of all time (preferably Christian, although I could comment on some old secular ones as well...enter REM-Document!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan your list is poo.. I will post one but it will take me a while to pick my favs.. I have to many.

Anonymous said...

"hardcore" RYAN?! haha yeah...gotta love it once u hear the awesome message behind it. Demon Hunter is soooo good.

Speaking of "hardcore" Andrew totally got to be the screamer for band practice tonight!! It was awesome! You will have to get him to explain...it would take a while to type an explanation but it sooo cool.

Anonymous said...

*it was sooo cool

sorry for butchering my last sentence